Food Pantry Program
This Program is designed to provide Supportive Services when required to American Indians, Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians living at or below the Federal poverty level residing in Orange and Riverside counties. These programs are funded by the Northern California Indian Development Council (NCIDC) through a Community Service Block Grant (CSBG).
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, food distribution is currently limited to Thursday afternoons, 1pm-3pm. Please call in advance to reserve a pickup time. Pickups are made upstairs just outside of our building in Fountain Valley.
Eligibility and Documentation required to receive Supportive and Emergency Program Services
Requesting Supportive and/or Emergency Services does not guarantee participation or payment. Program requirements such as eligibility, submission of program participation documentation, compliance, available funds, allowable costs, proper documentation and submission of past receipts MAY affect the participation and is at the discretion of the Executive Director of Southern California Indian Centers, Inc.
- Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB Card) or Proof of Tribal Enrollment for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Birth Certificate that lists a Native Hawaiian parent for Native Hawaiians
- State issued identification card or Driver's License
- Proof of residency in Orange or Riverside Counties ( i.e. California I.D. Card or CDL, utility bill, US Mail with a cancelled stamp with your name and address on the envelope, etc.)
- Must be living at or below Federal Poverty Income Guidelines (Income verification is required for members living in the household.)
- Social Security Cards for all members living in the household.
What does the Supportive Services Program consist of?
- Child Care Services (Provides clients with childcare to either maintain current employment or to search for new employment.)
- Educational Services (Provides school/training supplies, and tuition to help clients obtain reasonable education objectives that directly lead to employment.)
- Employment Assistance (Provides clients necessary uniforms, work boots, supplies...etc., that are required for employment.)
- Emergency Food (Provided through SCIC's food bank.)
- Emergency Transportation ( i.e. Bus passes, gas vouchers, and car repairs.)
- Emergency Shelter ( i.e. Motel vouchers, rental assistance and transitional housing.)
- Emergency Utilities Assistance
- Emergency Medical Care
Supportive and Emergency Services are available the following SCIC offices:
10175 Slater Ave, Suite 150
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Sherman Indian High School Campus
Sherman Indian Museum
9010 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92503
(Office closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)